This sign has been here since the late 60’s and was made by Paul Bryan Couch.
Bethany Cemetery is a small cemetery right off HWY 54 in Louisiana on HWY UU. It has over 280 people laid to rest and a little over half of the cemetery’s 32 lots are occupied. We have 47 people that are buried here and we do not have any record of where they are laid to rest. This is because our plat-book has been missing and we have yet to retreive it. These poor souls have no tombstones that we can find. Please help us on our mission to find the plat-book and get them the memorial stones they deserve. Our annual donations barely cover lawn maintenance so we are doing our best to raise funds for the necessary repairs and upgrades our cemetery needs. Please consider a donation… no amount is too big or too small!
WE ARE OFFERING A $2,000 CASH REWARD FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF OUR MISSING PLAT-BOOK!
Get your shirt to show your support, and help bring awareness to our missing plat-book mystery. With your help we may be able to one day honor these lost souls and their final resting place.
Be sure to stay up to date with us on our blog and on our facebook page!
Our Long Term Goals
- Find the PLAT-BOOK and get our “missing people” memorial stones.
- Create a website and log all tombstones. DONE!
- Input all of our information and grave photos on findagrave.com. DONE!
- Work on finding suspected locations of our 47 missing people by doing family research. DONE!– As much as we could find, anyway!
- Create a Welcome Display Board for cemetery info and map of those laid to rest here. DONE!
- Do annual fundraisers to help raise more funds for projects. Our first one was a success!
- Get gravel roads laid within the cemetery. ALMOST DONE!
- Install new fencing on the highway side of the cemetery. We have the fencing, now just need help getting it installed!
- Get all sections within the cemetery marked off for ease of grave digging.
- Add benches in areas for visitors.
- Plant flowers and/or bushes around our Welcome display board.
- Work on resetting some stones that need re-leveled.
- Register the cemetery as a non-for-profit.